To the best parents ever.,.

People tend to recognise the full worth of their mothers and fathers when they're gone. This should not be the case.

I have the best father and the best mother in the world, I am sure of that. Though they have come from very poor families, they have shown us that we reap more blessings if we sow kindness, hard work and sacrifices.

When my father was younger, he used to be a pedlar of many things like wall mirrors and figurines and he also worked as a cleaner in his college campus in order to finish his studies. I used to hear his old stories reminiscing the days when he had soy sauce and oil as viand plus rice, this would serve as his meal for the day because he cannot afford to buy a decent and nutritious food.

On the other hand, my mother also strived hard to be able to sustain her studies. She used to sell fruits in exchange of a piece of paper because she said she has a dream of earning a degree even if it seemed so difficult because she came from a large family of fifteen members. According to my mother's siblings, my mom did not feel a bit of shame whenever she sells because she knows that she needs to have money to send herself to school even she was already an adolescent then. My mama also stayed with her relatives, cleaned the house and washed their dirty clothes of her cousins in exchange of having a place to live in while she was studying.

After their college graduation, my parents got married. They are both working students back then, my mom worked in the registrar's office and my dad as a janitor. Early years of their married life was not easy as they really and literally started from nothing. My dad eventually worked at the hotel as an attendant or the so-called "bell boy." He used to bring our dirty diaper clothes(we were infants then) so he could wash them at the hotel to help my mother. After few months of their diligence and perseverance, they were able to work as public school teachers. Having three children, it was also a challenge to raise us with only $42 monthly salary.

Growing up, I have witnessed how my parents worked so hard to send us to good schools. They have become best partners from selling different fruits, snacks, candies, peanut butter, soy sauce, and vinegar while they are both teaching. Instead of resting after their duty, they prepare many goods that they have to sell for the next day.

Today, all of their three children are all degree holders. We are proud that we were raised by the two individuals who are hard workers, enthusiastic, and diligent who are tireless in taking care of us until now. As I have become a parent as well, I greatly appreciate my parents sacrifices day by day.

I am always grateful to God for having them as my mama and papa. They have been our best models on how are we going to be the best parents and partners like them.

I am sure each of us have our own superheroes in our lives. I have just shared mine.

We love you Mama Violeta and Papa Jaime (lola and lolo) :)

To God be the glory.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The twins turn 2

it is a twin pregnancy

Twins? Yes, our hands are full and our hearts too.