Twins? Yes, our hands are full and our hearts too.


      Blessings just come in many shapes and forms. Once you have it, cherish every bit of it. I have dreamed of becoming a mother, prayed so hard and finally, God granted it. 

      After delivering Tom and Tim, I always heard people telling me that babies just grow too fast so I have to enjoy every moment. I casually replied to them with a nod and a smile without really knowing what they meant. All I can feel during that time were the sleepless nights, constantly sterilizing feeding bottles, feeding the twins, patiently waiting for their burp after every feeding session, changing nappies, bathing and all other kinds of stuff that new mothers do.


      Twins? Yes, our hands are full and our hearts too. 

      Now that they are 16 months old, I realized that when they were newborns, my plate was so full in addition to the anxiety that I felt--wondering if I would ever be a good (enough) mother to the twins and how would I do that. Because of this reason, I did not truly and fully understand what the other people meant when they said that I have to enjoy the moment. There were many changes physically as hormones were managing to balance themselves inside my body postpartum, emotionally as the priorities and daily activities have changed, financially as expenses also doubled and personally as a new role has been added to me--this time as a mother of two instantly.



      Tom and Tim are in the stage right now that their brains just absorb every piece of information I teach them--from the sound of the letters in the alphabet, colors, dance moves, animal sounds, nursery rhymes, and the likes. Every single day I am grateful to the Almighty Father as the twins continue to amaze me with their development. They run, play, sing, dance, even close their eyes as they pray with me and my husband.

     Were we (me and my husband) busy then? Are we busy now?  The answer is Yes. Busy but happy.  Tired bodies and heavy eye bags due to sleepless nights but we have never been more motivated in our lives than now that we have the twins.

I may always want to stop the time and wish that they would not grow so quick but that is just how life works. However, I can say that we have treasured every smile, snuggle, hug and kiss every day with the twins. We adore and cherish
these precious moments because babies just grow too fast.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The twins turn 2

it is a twin pregnancy